Monday, September 12, 2011

Rustic Barn Reception in McHenry, MD

I was looking forward to the wedding of Bethani & Moe.  They held their ceremony and reception all in the same place (of which I'm a huge fan) at Ridgeview Valley Farm in McHenry, Md.  The venue was an old barn that had been renovated for weddings just like theirs.  They had 250 guests so a tent was set up just outside the door to accomodate them all.  Due to the threat of rain, they easily moved their ceremony inside where the reception was already set up. 

Decorated in orange and chocolate brown, the scene was perfect for an early September wedding.  We were able to see the ceremony (an unusual thing) since we were already set up as guests arrived.  The ceremony itself was short and sweet and featured a sand ceremony.  The couple also arranged for tractor-churned ice cream to be served after the nuptials were over.  Tables overflowing with fruit, cheese, and crackers along with a canoe full of beer, wine and Mike's Hard Lemonade greeted guests as Bethani & Moe took pictures.  Caramel apples were offered as favors with tags that read "All you need is love" and "We love, because He first loved us." 

Once pictures were over, the couple walked into a special edit of "Little White Church" by Little Big Town.  Bethani wanted just the music and the chorus part of this song so I was able to edit the music to include only the parts she wanted.  While I'm on the subject, I can edit any music you might want to include in your ceremony/reception just for you!  I've created mixes for brides that want to take their first dance and make it into a dance off with their new hubby.  It's known as the Evolution of Dance and I can mix together any songs you want, personalized just for you!  

After a dinner of deer brisket and baked chicken, Bethani and Moe danced their first dance to "It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill.  Father and daughter danced to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland (a great song for this moment if you like country) followed by Mother and son dancing to "A Mother's Song" by T. Carter.  The couple wanted to enjoy a slow dance with their bridal party and danced to "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" by Tracy Lawrence.  They chose to follow that with the Anniversary Dance (where we find the longest married couple) "When I Said I Do" by Clint Black & Lisa Hartman Black.  The cake (which was homemade by an aunt) was strawberry flavored and absolutely delicious ("How Sweet It Is" by James Taylor). 

To get the party started, the bride and bridesmaids had chosen to choreograph a dance to "Stop" by the Spice Girls and got a great response from the crowd.  The reception had originally been scheduled for 4 hours but everyone was having such a great time dancing, it turned into a 7 hour reception and we finally shut down at midnight, although, I swear they would have kept going if given the chance :)  The guests were great and were not afraid to get out there and have some fun.  A variety of country, dance classics, 80's, 90's and today had them on the dance floor all night. 

The bouquet toss song was "Man, I Feel Like A Woman" by Shania Twain.  The garter toss song was "Firecracker" by Josh Turner.  At the end of the night, the couple and their guests danced their farewell to "I Could Not Ask For More" by Sara Evans. 

We had a great time and wish the Hayhursts all the joy in the world for their marriage.  I was happy to be a part of it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about McHenry to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I not to mention my buddies ended up viewing the best points from the website while immediately developed a horrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those secrets. Those young boys had been for that reason excited to see all of them and have now absolutely been taking pleasure in those things. Many thanks for simply being considerably thoughtful and then for making a decision on some terrific topics most people are really needing to learn about. My very own honest regret for not expressing appreciation to you sooner. wedding dj chicago

    ReplyDelete